Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public and emerging security and detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering, next-generation security screening sensors that form a layered-security solution for the world-wide marketplace.
We are in the process of launching our first product in beta trials around the US, addressing a wide variety of markets. We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market.
With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now poised to expand on our cutting-edge product development portfolio. With an experienced security industry leadership team and advisor network already in place, we are passionate about our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company that is ready to alter the industry landscape, then read on . . .
The Role and Responsibility:
We’re looking for an experienced Field Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team to support our rollout of advanced radar and millimeter-wave based people screening platforms for the aviation and commercial markets. This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with our Engineering team and at our customer sites to support the roll out of our Security Products, respond to client queries, and support customers who face issues with technical equipment. You will identify system issues and perform troubleshooting of our products as required. This is a customer facing role and the duties include:
- Can work on their own or with a team for repair.
- Travel to job sites as required to install / maintain equipment or resolve technical issues
- Handle different types of field service activities
- Reporting to Engineering manager.
- Maintain inventory of tools and test equipment.
- Create daily reports
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time, or as required
- Associate degree or relevant technical certificates with at least 2-years’ experience involving complex capital equipment system installation, support, and maintenance.
- Proven work experience as a field engineer/ technician with a customer-facing background
- Good time management skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with PC settings/remote control.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude; ability to diagnose problems with the right equipment
- Preventative maintenance skills
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced environment. Strong team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization
- Experience working closely with customer facing support and service teams, preferably in the Airport Security, Utilities, telecom, or electronics fields.
- Experience with RF systems
Please direct your application materials to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.