Liberty Defense Technologies
Liberty Defense provides multi-technology security solutions for concealed weapons detection in high volume foot traffic areas and locations requiring enhanced security such as airports, stadiums, schools, and more. Liberty’s HEXWAVE product, for which the company has secured an exclusive license from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), as well as a technology transfer agreement for patents related to active 3D radar imaging technology, provides discrete, modular, and scalable protection to provide layered, stand-off detection capability of metallic and non-metallic weapons. Liberty has also recently licensed the millimeter wave-based, High Definition Advanced Imaging Technology (HD-AIT) body scanner and shoe scanner technologies. Liberty is committed to protecting communities and preserving peace of mind through superior security detection solutions.
Liberty is in the development stage for its products and plans to be in revenue in FY 2022. Liberty has offices in Boston area (coming in August) and Atlanta, with the parent holding company in Vancouver, BC. The company is publicly traded on TSX.V (SCAN) and OTC (LDDFF).
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Financial Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, working closely with the CFO that is based in Canada
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting/finance experience
- BS degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
To apply, please email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.