Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues throughout the world.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for assembly and verification of Liberty Defense products and release of new products to manufacturing. This is a contract position with potential for further employment after contract expires.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on, top-down instrument manufacturing experience, preferably in an internationally recognized quality management system (i.e., ISO9001, or cGxP) environment
- Excellent electro-mechanical assembly skills including basic wiring, cable and harness fabrication, and soldering
- Experience with basic electrical/electronic components, mechanical and optical assembly, and a variety of hand tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Proven experience creating and editing work instructions and related documents for product assembly
- Excellent time/task management, interpersonal relationships, oral and written communications skills
- Proficient Computer skills/knowledge and solid experience with MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software packages
- Experience working with an ERP software package, such as Oracle’s NetSuite, would be helpful
- “Hands-on” personality with a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Desire to be part of a growing, fast-paced company
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or electro-mechanical technology-oriented discipline, or 5+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing role
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Contract position with potential for future opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.