Senior Manufacturing Technician
Liberty Defense has a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime, and terrorism. Our products and technologies utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed weapons in airports, stadiums, arenas, and other venues throughout the world. We need the best and brightest to help accomplish our goals. Your ideas will be heard and get the attention they deserve if you join our team.
Liberty Defense is a well-funded, public company, based in Wilmington, MA and offers a hybrid work schedule with a very competitive compensation package. Only apply if you are looking to be challenged. We are hiring remarkable individuals that are passionate about their work and want to make a difference in the world. Please continue reading if this sounds like an exciting place to work…
The Sr. Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for assembly and verification of Liberty Defense products and release of new products to manufacturing.
- Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics, technical manuals and explicit verbal or written instructions to assemble and verify Liberty Defense instruments including electro-mechanical components, cables, harnesses, and opto-mechanical assemblies
- Analyze, optimize, and assist in the development of manufacturing processes including work instructions, bills of material, and assembly drawings
- Devise/Implement process controls, measure yields, and assist in the development of improvement action plans
- Review non-conforming products with QA and Operations Manager to determine necessary actions
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities by recommending the most efficient processes/procedures for assigned duties
- Facilitate ECO creation for product updates/releases & review all ECO documents for suitability
- Participate/Lead cross-functional New Product Introduction and Product Improvement teams
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on, top-down instrument manufacturing and testing experience, preferably in an internationally recognized quality management system (i.e., ISO9001, or cGxP) environment
- Excellent electro-mechanical assembly skills including basic wiring, cable and harness fabrication, and soldering
- Experience with basic electrical/electronic components (capacitors, diodes, resistors, relays, etc.), mechanical and optical assembly and test equipment (voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, probes, hand tools, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Proven experience creating and editing work instructions and related documents for product assembly
- Excellent time/task management, interpersonal relationships, oral and written communications skills
- Proficient Computer skills/knowledge and solid experience with MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software packages
- Experience working with an ERP software package would be beneficial
- “Hands-on” personality with a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Desire to be part of a growing, fast-paced company
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or electro-mechanical technology-oriented discipline, or 5+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing role
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Comprehensive benefit plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan and STD/LTD disability and life insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to Stan Miloszewski: email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.