Senior RF Design Engineer
Liberty Defense Technologies
Boston, MA area
Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, we are a public and emerging security and detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering, next-generation security screening sensors that form a layered-security solution for the world-wide marketplace.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now poised to expand on our cutting-edge product development portfolio. With an experienced security industry leadership team and advisor network already in place, we are passionate about our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company that is ready to alter the industry landscape, then read on ….
We’re looking for an experienced and best-in-class Senior RF engineer to join our team as we develop advanced radar and millimeter-wave based people screening platforms for the aviation and commercial markets. The ideal candidate would be able to translate higher-level system / market requirements and design, simulate, prototype, and test advanced active and passive RF systems and components. In addition, one should have a demonstrable track record of having successfully designed and implemented RF sub-assemblies, modules, or components that have been transitioned into a manufacturing / production environment.
- A minimum of a BSEE with 7+ years of experience, or an MSEE with 5+ years of experience.
- Design, modify, and evaluate RF and Microwave circuitry and sub-assemblies in the 6ghz to 80ghz range. Sub-assemblies and circuitry may include active components, MMIC’s, on-board antenna’s, custom filters, combiners, and dividers.
- Model circuitry and perform simulations to predict rf-related performance using various analysis tools and the creation of link budgets. Familiarity with such tools as ANSYS HFSS, ADS, and MATLAB is important.
- A demonstrated track record of building, prototyping, and testing rf hardware in the lab using such equipment as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
- Demonstrated experience using FPGA’s as the digital control of rf-related functions.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and has an enthusiastic attitude.
- Understanding of EMC and FCC testing and certification process
- Familiarity with synthetic aperture radar and image reconstruction
- Familiarity with mechanical design tools such as SolidWorks and / or AutoCad.
- Experience in the security technology market space
- Demonstrated project management and / or presentation skills
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- A generous stock option plan tied to individual and company performance
- Benefits, including a 401K and health, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply, please email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.