Senior Software Engineer
Liberty Defense Technologies
Boston, MA area
Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, we are a public and emerging security and detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering, next-generation security screening sensors that form a layered-security solution for the world-wide marketplace.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now poised to expand on our cutting-edge product development portfolio. With an experienced security industry leadership team and advisor network already in place, we are passionate about our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company that is ready to alter the industry landscape, then read on ….
We’re looking for an experienced and best-in-class Senior Software engineer to join our team as we develop advanced radar and millimeter-wave based people screening platforms for the aviation and commercial markets. The ideal candidate will design and develop advanced image processing software and applications by developing object-oriented software for imaging acquisition, signal processing algorithms and pipeline control, in addition to implementing multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers, or other interrupt-driven software in a Linux OS environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline with 7+ years of experience, or an MS degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience using object-oriented software for imaging acquisition, signal processing algorithms and pipeline control, using CUDA, C++, or Python.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software in a Linux OS or MS environment.
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) tools and systems such as Perforce, Subversion or GitHub.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual architectures (Web, Client-server, Real-time).
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and has an enthusiastic attitude.
- Familiarity with Image and Video Processing, including experience with GPU architectures / programming (CUDA, OpenCV, OpenGL or OpenCL).
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies such as TensorFlow and Keras.
- Familiarity with common cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Experience with microprocessors and other embedded components and systems.
- Experience in the security technology market space
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- A generous stock option plan tied to individual and company performance
- Benefits, including a 401K and health, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.