Senior System Engineer
Liberty Defense has a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime, and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed weapons in airports, stadiums, arenas, and other venues throughout the world. We need the best and brightest to help accomplish our goals. Your ideas will be heard and get the attention they deserve if you join our team.
Liberty Defense is a well-funded, public company, based in Wilmington, MA and offers a hybrid work schedule with a very competitive compensation package. Only apply if you are looking to be challenged. We are hiring remarkable individuals that are passionate about their work and want to make a difference in the world. Please continue reading if this sounds like an exciting place to work…
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team as we develop advanced people screening platforms for the aviation and commercial markets. This person must integrate subsystems within a complex system into a final product. As part of a multi-disciplined technology development team, the ideal candidate would be responsible for teaming with our RF, mechanical, system and software development engineers to develop and validate new and existing designs. This person must also understand worldwide electronic standards, thermal characteristics, power supply designs, packaging/enclosures, and the manufacturability of finished products.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be involved as a lead contributor to the hardware subsystem design and interfaces development of our Next Generation People Screening products. Key responsibilities include activities linked to hardware architecture, board design, hardware debugging, technical modifications of a reference design to meet market and regulatory requirements. Working with our team of world-class engineers, you will be responsible for execution and working with external vendors for product development design. Function with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results. This person will most likely have prior responsibility for technical new product development within one or more of the following industries: threat detection, complex medical equipment (CT, X-ray, Ultrasound), complex test equipment, or complex process plant systems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field and 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience leading hardware architecture, design, and engineering; developing, modifying hardware designs, industrial designs, and thermal envelopes. Common skill sets include Analog, Digital, CPU boards, RF interfaces
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with other subspecialties.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- 5+ years analog and digital board development and embedded systems experience.
- Development experience with high-performance processors (e.g., COM express and GPU’s), peripherals and I/O subsystems including flash memory, PCIe, 1G/10G ethernet, SPI, I2C, clocking and synchronization subsystems.
- Experience in schematic entry (familiarity with Altium is a plus).
- Experience with hardware/software integration and real time systems
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting and technical problem-solving including use of basic lab equipment (DVM, O-scope, etc.)
- Knowledge of Global Electronic Standards and Electronic Product design.
- Mixed signal design experience
- Experience driving system through EMC/FCC/UL/Environmental tests.
- Familiarity of fluence with VHDL/Verilog FPGA development, FPGA debug and hardware associated with FPGA.
- Working knowledge with design for manufacturability (DFM/DFA)
- Competitive Salary and Bonus.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retire plan and STD/LTD disability and life insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to Stan Miloszewski: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.