Sr. DevOps Engineer
Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues worldwide.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
We’re looking for an experienced and best-in-class Sr. DevOps Engineer to work closely with our team of system engineering experts as we develop advanced radar and millimeter wave-based people screening platforms for aviation and commercial markets. The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy Dev Operations Engineer with a familiarity with the software engineering lifecycle process and scripting. The key DevOps professional will develop, enhance, and maintain the Build, Deployment tools, and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and testing for our next generation, AI-enabled personnel Security applications.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field, discipline with 5+ years of experience, or an MS degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle on distributed architecture systems with a good understanding of the principles of software maintainability and configuration control.
- Develop Docker images for micro service applications and deploy them into Docker containers.
- Deploy, maintain, and improve performance over containerized applications to support application development.
- Polished in deploying updates and fixes, building successful tools to reduce error occurrences, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Expertise in using version control tools like GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Bit Bucket.
- Docker compose environments with configurations. Develop, Maintain, and support Continuous Integration framework based on Jenkins.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining SW version across the Environments using SCM tools like Git, GitLab, GitHub and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Proficient in developing Shell scripts for automation and monitoring applications
- Linux, Ubuntu, and Windows OS
- Scripting: Shell, Bash
- Monitoring Tools: Kibana, Grafana.
- Configuration Management: Docker and possibly future includes Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail, excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and an enthusiastic attitude.
Prefer But Not Required:
- Experience in creating workflows and dashboards in JIRA and have experience in documenting the data in Confluence.
- Experience in the security technology market space
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retire plan, STD/LTD disability, and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.