Liberty Defense has a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime, and terrorism. Our products and technologies utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed weapons in airports, stadiums, arenas, and other venues throughout the world. We need the best and brightest to help accomplish our goals. Your ideas will be heard and get the attention they deserve if you join our team.
Liberty Defense is a well-funded, public company, based in Wilmington, MA and offers a hybrid work schedule with a very competitive compensation package. Only apply if you are looking to be challenged. We are hiring remarkable individuals that are passionate about their work and want to make a difference in the world. Please continue reading if this sounds like an exciting place to work…
We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our cutting-edge emerging products and services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience developing documentation for highly technical products and/or capital equipment. Your ability to evaluate and explain complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things in an easy-to-understand way.
Objectives of this Role:
- Working closely with our Software Engineering, Service and Manufacturing teams, write comprehensive product technical documentation, including Customer Operators’ manual and technical service manuals that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a sufficiently deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write customer-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with Engineering, Service and Manufacturing departments to understand product use procedures and requirements
- Gather information from Liberty Defense subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise, and edit, and determine the best solution for centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Previous software UI/UX development experience
- Competitive Hourly Contractor Rate
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to Stan Miloszewski: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.