RF Test Engineer
Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues worldwide.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
We’re looking for an Entry level RF Test Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team as we develop advanced radar and millimeter-wave based people screening platforms for the aviation and commercial markets. As part of a multi-disciplined technology development team, the ideal candidate would be responsible for teaming with various engineers to design, prototype, assemble, and troubleshoot new and existing hardware designs. Also execute system measurements, calibrations, and troubleshoot hardware failure from imaging responses.
- 4 year BSEE with 0-3 years’ experience or MSEE with 0 years experience, involving analog, digital, RF/mmW, and Printed Circuit Boards.
- Strong experience with RF/Microwave Metrology.
- Experience with RF Measurements/Troubleshooting both at the component level and subsystem level (up to K band).
- Ability to debug/learn FPGA code and hardware associated with FPGA.
- Ability to build/run automated test benches using common software’s (Python, MATLAB, Labview, etc)
- Hands-on experience using measurement equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum / network analyzers.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced environment. Strong team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Travel < 10 percent.
- Experience performing tuning and troubleshooting on complex RF assemblies.
- Experience working on sub-systems assemblies and uW imaging systems.
- Experience with FPGA/Python coding is a plus.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retire plan, STD/LTD disability, and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.