Liberty Defense Technologies
Focused on innovative applications of tested technology, Liberty Defense is dedicated to bringing safety and security to public spaces around the world. Drawing on the expertise of security professionals, our goal is to protect lives by preventing violence and terror, with the utmost respect for personal privacy.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Atlanta Technology Group to design and develop advanced image processing software and applications. In this role, this person will perform design and implementation of the system software. The person will also be responsible for design documentation, unit testing and debugging of the software in accordance to design control processes.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python and or Java
- Proficient in Anomaly Detection techniques and Models
- Familiarity with Image processing methods, techniques, and tools, with emphasis on image-segmentation
- Ability to write robust code for training, validation, testing and Inference
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline. Advanced degree is highly desired.
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience as a software developer.
- Experience designing, integrating and testing system software modules developed both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience with systems programming on Linux using build, packaging, debugging and profiling tools.
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) tools and systems such as Perforce, Subversion or GitHub.
- Experience scripting in Python.
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Practical experience with working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Image Processing and Video Processing.
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenCV, OpenGL or OpenCL).
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies such as TensorFlow and Keras.
- Familiarity with common cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with microprocessors and other embedded components and systems.
- Experience with device connectivity (WiFi, ethernet, USB, etc.).
- Intellectual property experience.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.