Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues worldwide.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
We’re looking for an experienced and best-in-class Software Engineer to work closely with our team of Hardware and RF system experts as we develop advanced radar and millimeter-wave based people screening platforms for aviation and commercial markets. The ideal candidate will design and develop microservices based system software for the acquisition for processing and display of mmWave sensor data for next generation, AI-enabled personnel Security applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field, discipline with 8+ years of experience, or an MS degree with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle on distributed architecture systems with a good understanding of the principles of software maintainability and configuration control
- Experience with C++ and Python programming is essential. The candidate should have the following experience:
- Solid knowledge of the Python programming language
- Understanding Python Frameworks
- Proficiency in Object Relational Mapper (ORM)
- Familiarity with Python Libraries
- Significant experience in Linux OS platforms and applications, including drivers and kernel configuration
- Embedded System Linux Senior Software Engineer – Sensor Systems
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) tools and systems such as GitHub
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail, excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and an enthusiastic attitude
Prefer But Not Required:
- Familiarity with Image and Video Processing, including experience with GPU architectures / programming (CUDA, OpenCV, OpenGL or OpenCL)
- Experience in the security technology market space
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retire plan, STD/LTD disability, and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.