Software Test/QA Engineer
Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues worldwide.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
We’re looking for a world-class Software Test/QA Engineer to be responsible for developing processes and carrying out functionality and usability of our new or existing through production release to ensure it is bug-free operation. You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle. They work closely with developers, providing them with feedback on what needs improvement to produce top-quality programs that meet customer expectations. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, your responsibilities include
- Developing SW test and release to manufacturing processes for our SW products
- Developing, reviewing, and analyzing system SW test specifications
- Developing scripts for testing and test automation (DevOps)
- Creating validated SW Test reports with traceability to the requirements
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
The ideal candidate would be responsible for leading the testing, bug tracking, and validation of our commercial software, working with a distributed internal team. S/he will develop SW test and release schedules, serve as the interface to SW and Engineering teams as applicable, and lead the overall SW test execution plan.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of experience in an engineering and product development environment exposed to full SW development lifecycle
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Some programming knowledge
- Working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with commercial SW Product Development Lifecycle, including QA Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing
- Experience with developing requirements tracking and traceability and finding and reporting bugs and glitches
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g., JIRA Tools)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, understand, and help resolve issues promptly
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast-paced environment; with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to multi-task, and an enthusiastic attitude
- Familiarity with developing python and bash shell scripts
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Experience with Test Automation methodologies
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, health, dental, and vision coverage, retire plan, STD/LTD disability, and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.