Headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area, Liberty Defense is a public security detection technology company focused on designing, building, and delivering next-generation walkthrough people screening systems, with a vision for a safer future, secure from acts of violent crime and terrorism. Our products and technology utilize advanced radar and millimeter-wave technologies to detect concealed on-person threats and prohibited items in airports, stadiums, buildings, and other venues throughout the world.
We recently received a government funding award that validates our technology and will serve to accelerate our time-to-market. With the additional backing from our shareholders, we are now expanding our cutting-edge product development portfolio and hiring remarkable individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. With experienced security industry leadership and a seasoned team in place, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission. If you’re excited about the potential of joining a security technology company where you can make a difference in altering the industry landscape, then read on.
The Test Technician will be responsible for test and verification of Liberty Defense products and play an integral role in releasing new products to production as part of an NPI team. This is a contract position with potential for further employment after contract expires.
- Works to prints, sketches, schematics, specifications, process sheets, and outlines to perform inspection and test of incoming and in-process electronics utilizing test equipment, hand tools and other mechanical and software tools
- Sets up manual and automatic test equipment and performs pass/fail electrical and RF testing on various systems, sub-assemblies, RF modules and PCBA’s per test plans
- Maintains test database and provides monthly reports to Engineering & Operations teams
- Maintains associated peripheral equipment, tools, and fixtures in proper operating condition and in accordance with general housekeeping guidelines
- Writes and/or edits detailed test procedures in collaboration with Engineering personnel; provides input and feedback on test processes to help identify deficiencies and improve product reliability and quality
- Applies knowledge of electronic theory, diagnostic aids, specifications, and manuals to isolate failures in both the unit under test and associated test equipment to lowest replaceable unit or component
- Performs rework, inspection, and re-inspection of failed/defective material to return it to its operational condition in compliance with specifications
- Captures pertinent system data, test results, hardware, software & firmware versions, etc. in a quality reporting system
- May assist engineering in developing test jigs, fixtures, and adapters to accomplish required tests
- Will assist in repairing, testing, and re-certifying fielded units
- Will be required to work with minimal supervision, providing both external and internal customers with products that meet defined quality standards and are delivered on schedule
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or electro-mechanical technology-oriented discipline, or 5+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing test role
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow oral and written guidelines as well as read & understand Procedures, Test Specifications and Test Plans
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of various electrical and microwave test measurements preferred
- Knowledge of ESD procedures
- “Hands-on” personality with a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Desire to be part of a growing, fast-paced company
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Potential for further employment after contract
- Flexible working arrangements
Please send application materials to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, and promote associates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.